Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

battle brownie.

last week, the hubs & i had a brownie throw down. he challenged me to this battle because it was his turn to bring snacks for his weekly meeting! hahaha! so we had a little competition. we both baked a pan of brownies and his co-workers judged them. they had to judge them on chocolate-yness, taste, & texture.
RJ even made them score cards! ha!  

Brownies:

Mine: Double Chocolate Espresso with a white chocolate & raspberry compote drizzle on top.
His: Vegan brownies {secret ingredient = purred black beans!} 

AND THE WINNER IS...........

MINE!!!!!




I won 8-5.
Most liked the raspberry flavor combined with the chocolate of mine.
Most thought the texture of RJ's was better, more fudge-y.
Some thought the coffee in mine was a tad much.

yippeee! i gots some braggin' rights around here now!

{for the record, RJ's brownies were actually really good, you couldn't taste the black beans at all. & they were more healthy than mine!} 

3 comments:

The Franzs' said...

Vegan black bean brownies vs. coffee and white choc rasberry? Doesn't sound like a fair fight! :) haha.. If the vegan ones got 5 votes though, I might need that recipe! I've never tasted a yummy AND healthy brownie before...I might just have to try that! :)

Carolyn said...

I've had some black bean brownies before, and they are pretty good! Just can't eat too many of them though :)
Yours sounds really good too - I love anything with white chocolate!

Matt and Brianne said...

so i've made a couple batches of black bean brownies now, and I'm in love with them. (not to say yours don't look delicious, but they aren't packed with veggies!) So if he doesn't mind sharing, I'd love to get my hands on his recipe as well!