Pages

Monday, August 13, 2007

bust out your secret decoder rings.

Last week RJ sent me this email about some surprise he has in store for me.....We are going somewhere this weekend to celebrate (finally!) our anniversary from July! I am so excited!!! So I thought it would be fun if you all played along too!!! So this is the message I got....let's see if you can decode the surprise!!! No cheating by copying & pasting in to Google!!! (haha...thats what i did!) =)


Riddle Me This, Riddle Me That...

Solve The Riddle To Find The Suprise!

What is the suprise for?

Den Leinenjahrestag feiern, weil ich meine Frau so sehr liebe!

Cuando: August 17th 2007 Time: TBA

?-ites buy more sunglasses per capita than any other city in the nation.

? is 44th in a listing of U.S. cities by rainfall amounts with an average of 37 inches a year. It gets less rain than Mobile, Alabama (64 inches) or Miami, Florida (56 inches).

? was the first city in the US to play a Beatles song on the radio.

? has the largest houseboat population is the country.

? has the highest percentage of library card-holders per capita in the country.

? has 147.52 miles of fresh water shoreline and 53.38 miles of salt water shoreline for a total of 200.90 miles of shoreline.

? is reputed to be the best U.S. city in which to have a heart attack because the chances of survival are so much greater than in other cities - more than half the adult population is estimated to have had at least some CPR training.

? has the highest percentage of people biking to work, compared to other American cities of the same size. According to the City Department of Transportation, an estimated 4,000 to 8,000 people commute by bicycle each day depending on weather conditions.

¿Adónde vamos?

If you could speak French then:

Vous sauriez qu'ils clef de chiffre de César est trois!

and you could read this: vhdwwoh zdvklqjwrq, slnh sodfh pdunhw (English Speakers Hint: You need to use the decoder ring of a famous leader of Rome)



Good Luck!!!
cheers.

4 comments:

Molly said...

I cheated.... hahahaha!

Kristy said...

hey! no cheating!!! cheater molly!

Amy said...

You got me.. I have no clue! But, it sounds like a good place to go :)

Carolyn said...

I think I know it...only because I've heard one of the facts before, haha!!