Pages

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

ultrasound!

Today I went in for an ultrasound because at my last appointment, if you recall, I was measuring small for how along I was supposed to be.  Anyways, everything is looking fantastic! She (yes, its still a girl! yay! haha) is measuring right on schedule & weighs approx 5lbs 12 oz already! She will gain about 1/2 lb a week now and with 5 weeks to go still she maybe a whopper! HAHA! About 7.5 - 8lbs. Which is about what Carter weighed (7lbs 7oz). I am so thankful that everything is going great in there! 
However, the actual appointment was miserable! We took C b/c we thought we would enjoy seeing his baby sissy on the screen & he usually does well at all my other appointments. But NOT this time! He threw a fit the entire time! He wanted to walk around and roam the halls and to not be in that room! Gosh! 2 year olds!!! I felt bad for A.) the tech-b/c she had to listen to him scream (luckily she was great and didn't get irritated) & B.) RJ didn't get to see much and participate b/c he was dealing w/ a back-arching, screaming kid. Sorry love! 

So here is the profile pic we got of her. Its hard to see but if you look closely you can see her head on the right hand side and see the profile of her nose. Then she has her hand in front of her face. 
I am getting SO EXCITED to meet her! Its going to be a long 5 weeks!!! 
EDITED: I forgot to include this sweet lil tid-bit in earlier when I posted....when the technician first brought her on the screen, Carter immediately shouted, "Oh! chomp-chomp!!" HAHAHA! I was like...oh I don't think that's a chomp in there! LOL!!! so funny




cheers.

6 comments:

JST & DLT said...

i am glad to hear that! enjoy these last few weeks! much love xoxox

Unknown said...

ooh- so sweet! Sorry about Carter- I'm sure he'll be more interested in her when she's out! ;)

Amy said...

I bet you are so excited. I couldn't imagine being so close!! I can't wait to see her either :)

Carolyn said...

So do you have a name for little sissy yet, or is it top secret?!

Molly said...

I can't wait! :) That's too funny about Carter saying chomp-chomp! HAHAHA!

Kristy said...

Carolyn-yes we do have a name & yes its top secret! you all will have to wait until she arrives!!!! =)