Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

waterfall!

Its scorching hot! It got up to 96F today so we loaded up the kids and headed down town to Jamison Park in the Pearl. There is a rock wall that a waterfall spills over it & pools up at the bottom. Tons of kids flock here to splash in the water! Apparently everyone & their mom had the same idea we did today....

Carter has been so interested in waterfalls lately (random, I know) and we thought he would love to go and splash around in the one down there! At first he didn't know what to think of it. I think he was a bit overwhelmed by the massive amount of kids everywhere! He eventually warmed up to the water and put his hands in! 
Kennedy chilled out in the shade while brother played!

The water starts flowing and gradually builds up & pools up then slowly receeds only then to repeat again! All the kids screamed when the water would start flowing again! haha. Carter loved it. He loved putting his hands in the water and then eventually he sat down in the pooled up part!!! He was drenched!!!! But it felt soooo good!!!!



After we dried off we strolled around the Pearl for a bit and worked our way up to Whole Foods for lunch and a Ruby Jewel ice cream sandwich dessert treat! ;) 


It was still way warm out after dinner so we decided to go for a walk up the "hooge" park. It feels like the middle of summer out! It feels so good! Carter enjoyed playing at the park for a little bit, going up and down the slide & running all around. He even spotted the moon! "I see the moon Mommy!!!" hahaha!!! 


We had such a great day today! It was so fun! Tomorrow is an even bigger day! Tomorrow is Dozer Day! Some local construction companies along with local sponsors are hosting a fundraiser for Vancouver parks. It's being held in a former rock quarry that is now a commercial development. So there will be all sorts of big equipment on display and even some to ride!!! Carter is going to LOVE it!!! I am so excited to see his reaction tomorrow!!!! =) 


cheers!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I bet that water felt so nice on a hot day. Have fun at Dozer Day! Take tons of pics :) I can't wait to see them.

Becci said...

I want to see Dozer Day pictures, too!

Carolyn said...

We're going to have to check out that waterfall...looks like a lot of fun!

Cherish said...

Oh ya! Will check out that waterfall too : ) ....nice in hot days like this.