We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo;
How about you, you, you?
You can come too, too, too.
We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo.
You can come too, too, too.
We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo.
Every time I think about the zoo those lyrics to that catchy-get-stuck-in-your-head-for-days song by Raffi comes to mind! (thanks to my days as a preschool teacher!!)
Anyways, we took the kids to the zoo on Friday! We thought that Carter would really enjoy seeing all the animals & we were right! He had a lot of fun even though there were about 8 bazillion elementary school kids there on a field trip! ahhhhh!!!!
In the car on the way there he kept saying, "I going to the zoo. I go to the zoo yah, to see elphants (no I did not miss spell it..thats how he was pronouncing it!) & giraffes!". So we worked our way down to the African Savannah to see them.... unfortunately the giraffes weren't out.


Another animal high on C's must-see list were the chomps (alligators/crocodiles) but again they weren't out. Their aquarium was getting cleaned. I was so sad!! I was so looking forward to seeing Carter see the real life chomps! boo! But there was one tiny "baby chomp" (that's what he called it) in the tank with some huge fish. So at least that satisfied him!




The most exciting exhibit was the polar bears. They were super playful and Carter got really excited seeing the bears playing. One of the bears jumped in the pool and C goes, "Oh huge waterfall!" Haha!!! Oh yes, we had to look for waterfalls at every exhibit b/c he is also obsessed about waterfalls right now too.....


After we got home we enjoyed a yummy treat out on the back deck! What a way to end of great day!! Carter sure enjoyed his treat! HAHA!! YUM!


2 comments:
My favorite thing about the Portland zoo are the Packy pops. haha (I'm assuming you went to the portland zoo) Looks like a fun time.
How fun to see the animals! Been here for 6 years, and haven't got a chance to visit : ( .....Carter must have enjoyed himself : )
Post a Comment