On our first day we headed out to Plaza Catulunya where there was a huge fountain and the beginning of Las Ramblas. Which is a road that hoards of people stroll down and you can see everything from a-z there. Speaking of which it is mullet central here! or other wise known as the cascadia catalan (translate= catalan waterfall! ahahahahahaha) man I wish I would have a photo to show you all but unfortunately I don't. and its not only the men who sport this trendy do....the women rock it as well! Rj says that he wants one now so that way he will be a better soccer player! HA! no way.

After strolling along Las Ramblas for a while we turned and ventured down a side street that lead into the Barri Gotic. It was so neat. Little tight roads that wide and turn and filled with fun shops! oh yes I did some shopping!!!
Then we came across a cathedral and we went inside. It was amazing beautiful. I want to say it was built in the 11th century but I cannot recall right at the moment. Inside there was a large thing of water where 6 Native Americans who were brought back by Christopher Columbus were baptized.
Then once again we made a Starbucks pit stop for a recharging! Then it was off to the Picasso muesem. That was pretty interesting as well.Oh by the way, it's official that Carter is the cutest baby in the world! EVERYBODY in Spain loves him! All these people walk by and stare and say ¡que guapo! and of course he loves the attention!!!
Alright, its late here (12midnight) soIi am off to bed! Buenos noches amigos.
ciao....
2 comments:
Good morning Kristi, RJ, and Carter!
Thanks for your recent post. I enjoyed hearing a little about your first few days in Barcelona and seeing the great picture of the Cathedral there.
The story about Columbus and the Native Americans was quite interesting to me. Imagine what that must have been like for them coming to Spain and seeing that building. Not only that, but being indoctrinated into the church. It must have been mind-blowing. Did a little digging, too, on the Cathedral and seems it was built on the foundations of both a Roman Temple and Moorish Mosque. Very interesting.
Glad to hear that Carter is cute in the Old World, too!
Keep up the posting and the pics!
Must be tired...sorry about the spelling of your name, Kristy :^)
Post a Comment