Ok so I've some requests about how labor went so here it goes...
They broke my water at 4:35pm with hopes of it going really quick. The thought was that by doing so, it would suck her head down and she would be out in less than an hour. So I was like let's do it. However, that did not happen! Her head was sideways going into my pelvis so she wasn't turning to slide out! Plus It was preventing a small lip of the cervix to not go away & thin out. So about an hour and a half later of GRUELING labor I asked for the epidural. Then once it was in, it didn't full take! So I could still feel my left side! Which was worse b/c the pain was super intensified! So he gave me another shot of meds & it still didn't take! So he took the epidural out and after that point the area was covered and I got numb on that side! haha! So I only had about an hr of meds to last me! But that was fine because at that point it was time for me to push anyways. So the nurse had me push once to see how well I could do and well apparently I could push really well because she goes, "um stop...you are too good at this...I need to find the doctor now!" Plus my dad, Nana, my sister left to go get something to eat! So RJ had to run out and call them to have them come back!!!
It was glorious to be able to be relaxed and push! I was so numb but I was really able to enjoy the whole pushing process and watch her being born! I got to see it all in a mirror & that was fantastic! It was amazing!
My body feels good. sore. Like I just did an insane work out at the gym sore....
My body feels good. sore. Like I just did an insane work out at the gym sore....
I ended up tearing a small spot on my cervix. Ugh! But there should be no future worries with it. The hardest part is not being able to pick C up and carry him. It makes me sad but in no time I will be able to!
Thanks for all your well wishes & prayers!
in labor & texting....haha! here we go!






4 comments:
You are awesome Kristy!!! I'm glad everything went well and hope you heal quickly.
Good job, Kristy! That's a great birth story. Sorry about tearing the cervix though. ouch!!
Those epidurals are heaven! I couldn't have done it without. Looks like things went pretty smoothly for you, good job!!
i love that pic of the 4 generations of you ladies!
Post a Comment